Some links on Wikicat may are paid links may earn us a commission. Read the Affiliate Policy disclosure for more info.
It was the year 2007 when Apple launched the first iPhone, which for many was the first commercial smartphone in history.
Or, at least, the one that revolutionized the market, starting a real technological and social revolution.
Since then, of course, Apple’s smartphones have undergone major transformations.
However, they still retain some of their main distinctive marks, such as special attention to design and an operating system that stands out for its fluidity and incredible constant improvement.
In any case, since there are more and more different models of iPhone, choosing the right one is not always an easy task.
- 1 The most important
- 2 The best iPhones on the market: our recommendations
- 3 Shopping Guide: What you need to know about iPhones
- 3.1 What is an iPhone?
- 3.2 What are the advantages and disadvantages of iPhones?
- 3.3 What makes an iPhone different from other cell phones?
- 3.4 What is the latest version of iOS, the iPhone operating system?
- 3.5 What are the best applications for iPhone?
- 3.6 Can you change the battery of an iPhone?
- 3.7 Should I buy an iPhone 11?
- 4 Purchase criteria
- 5 Summary
The most important
- Some main advantages of having an iPhone are related to its operating system. iOS stands out for offering a very good user experience thanks to its incredible improvement. In addition, it allows greater control over application permissions and therefore ensures a higher level of privacy.
- Currently, Apple has a wide variety of iPhone models with different functions and therefore also with different prices. So, whatever you normally do with your cell phone, there is an iPhone to suit you.
- Once you are clear about the use you will give to your cell phone, the first purchase criteria you should consider when buying an iPhone is whether it is compatible with Apple’s recent operating system for mobile devices, the iOS 13. In addition, of course, you have to decide the screen size you want, the storage capacity you need, the quality of the camera and the battery life.
The best iPhones on the market: our recommendations
If your purpose is to acquire an iPhone before the end of the year, we will present you the best iPhones of the year, both in quality and price.
Let’s get started!
- The favorite of online users.
- The best iPhone with quality – price ratio.
- Apple’s most affordable cell phone.
- The newest iPhone.
The favorite of online users
Take the iPhone 7 Plus, one of the favorites by users, at a great price and enjoy its practical features.
It has a primary camera of 12 megapixels and a frontal shooter of 7.
Enjoy great image quality with its 5.5-inch LED-backlit Retina HD display with IPS technology and a resolution of 1920 x 1080 megapixels.
Get it now!
Where to buy
The best iPhone with quality - price ratio
Purchase the iPhone 8 at an estimated price of 330 USD and enjoy its benefits.
It has a glass in the back and is compatible with wireless charging.
It can play HDR content (Dolby Vision and HDR10).
Its camera is 4.7 inches and its processor is A11 Bionic six-core.
It has a 12 megapixel rear camera with optical image stabilization and f/1.8 aperture.
It is waterproof and features a Touch ID fingerprint reader.
Where to buy
Apple's most affordable cell phone
If you want a really cheap iPhone, then take the iPhone 6s at a price of approximately 180 USD.
Its dimensions are 5.4 x 0.3 x 2.6 inches. It has a 4.7-inch widescreen LCD Multi – Touch screen with IPS technology.
Its camera has 12 megapixels and has automatic focus.
It records videos up to 4K at 30 f/s. Its Touch ID sensor will protect your confidential data.
In addition, you can pay from your cell phone with Apple Pay.
Where to buy
The newest iPhone
Take the Iphone XR, one of the most modern in the industry.
Its LCD screen with Liquid Retina is 6.1 inches, which offers a resolution of 1,792 x 828 pixels and a density of 326 ppp.
Its processor is A12 with an IOS 12 operating system.
It has a 12 megapixel rear camera with f / 1.8 aperture and a front camera with 7 sensors.
It is waterproof up to 1.5 meters for 30 minutes.
It has Apple Pay.
Where to buy
Shopping Guide: What you need to know about iPhones
When buying an iPhone, it is necessary to know a number of important issues.
Don’t forget that there are different models and not all of them offer the same functions or have the same price.
For this reason, in this section we will clarify all the doubts you may have about Apple’s cell phones.
What is an iPhone?
iPhones are Apple’s smartphones.
However, what you may not know is that they are different from the rest of the smartphones, as they have a different operating system, iOS, and only allow you to install the apps available in the App Store.
What are the advantages and disadvantages of iPhones?
Without a doubt, one of the great attractions of iPhones is their operating system, iOS.
The operating systems of the apple company stand out for their fluidity and great optimization.
In addition, when you buy an iPhone you know that you are buying a design product that contributes to reinforce your image.
Another of the great advantages of Apple’s smartphones is their constant choice for innovation.
Their philosophy is always to try to be one step ahead.
And, at least until now, this has been the case almost always.
However, quality has a price and their cell phones are not particularly cheap.
Do you want to know more?
We’ll tell you in the following chart.
- They have a great operating system.
- Apple presents a constant choice for innovation.
- They offer a perfect combination of design and function.
- Its operating system allows for improved battery consumption.
- Safari is a very fast and efficient web browser.
- With iPhone, you enjoy a higher level of privacy.
- They are much safer than Android devices.
- Its price is higher than most Android devices.
- No micro SD card slot.
What makes an iPhone different from other cell phones?
There are many reasons why iPhones are somewhat special cell phones.
We are not going to tell you all of them, we want to leave you with a pleasant surprise for when you start enjoying your new Apple smartphone.
However, to give you an idea, here are the three most important.
- Control over applications. Unlike Android, in iOS, every time an app wants to do something, it has to ask your permission and explain what it is going to use that permission for.
- Operating system updates. Because Apple is responsible for both the hardware and the software on its devices, operating system updates are available for all supported phones. This way, practically all iPhones have the same versions of the operating system.
- iPhones are much safer than Android devices. And not just in terms of potential hackers, but also in terms of your privacy, as Apple puts a real emphasis on taking care of this aspect.
What is the latest version of iOS, the iPhone operating system?
Not much has come out of the update that many IOS fans or lovers, namely the IOS 13, were waiting for.
Therefore, in this section, we would like to summarize some of the most outstanding features of this wonderful version.
Remember that not all iPhones will be able to enjoy the newest versions.
- A performance twice as fast. Now, any app you open will open twice as fast with IOS 13. If you unlock your phone through Face ID, you will do it 30% faster than with previous versions. Not to mention that the downloads you make will take up to 50% less space.
- Dark Mode. For those who love dark tones or want to protect their eyesight, Apple has implemented this feature, which can be turned on and off at any time you indicate. Users who have tried the demo version have described it as “fantastic, incredible and beautiful”.
- Improvements to the Apple Maps application. Maps can now be viewed in greater detail. You can add your favorite or interesting places for the next time you want to get to them. With Look Around you can dive into the street, zoom in and see everything.
- Siri, Apple’s voice assistant Now it is much smarter and faster in the way it responds, with a more natural voice and fluency.
- More control over your privacy and security. Thanks to new precision controls, you can decide whether an app can get your location once or never. If an app uses your location in the background, you’ll be notified.
- Optimized battery charging. This feature slows down battery wear by reducing the time it takes to charge.
- Your iPhone will learn your daily charging routine, so it will adapt to you.
- A more fun way to send messages. Now users will be able to have their profile with their name and respective Memoji. You will be able to customize it by adding a hat, glasses, piercings or EarPods, among others. You can also create new Memoji Stickers to use in other apps.
- More options in your images. Apple has added to the
- Portrait mode more options in terms of lighting. Also, more effects and filters have been added, not only for photos, but for videos as well. Now you can categorize your gallery by day, month or year.
What are the best applications for iPhone?
A cell phone without applications is almost like a car without wheels.
Fortunately, iPhones have a lot of great apps and games.
Of course, there is no lack of the most popular ones such as WhatsApp, Google Chrome, Facebook, YouTube, Snapchat, Skype or Twitch.
To all of them, you have to add the exclusive Apple applications.
Among the latter, we can highlight: Timepage, Tweetbot, Apollo and Halide.
In addition, Apple itself selects every year those that it considers to be the best applications launched by the different developers.
Some awarded one’s in 2019 are Asphalt 9: Legends, Pixelmator Photo, Butterfly iQ, Ordia and Flow by Moleskine.
Many of them are free.
Can you change the battery of an iPhone?
As with all smartphones, iPhones’ batteries are one of the most problematic components over time.
In general, lithium-ion batteries degrade with use and eventually need to be replaced.
Fortunately, they can be replaced and the process is quite simple.
In fact, since the famous controversy some years ago over Apple’s cell phone batteries, they are cheaper to replace than they used to be.
However, it is advisable to do so through the official technical service or through one of the technical services authorized for this purpose.
Should I buy an iPhone 11?
If you want to have the latest technology, then the answer is yes.
If, on the contrary, you are one of those who want to have the best quality – price ratio, then with the release of the iPhone 11 you have the opportunity to take advantage of the traditional price reduction that occurs in previous models.
As with any product, once the time comes to purchase an iPhone, it is important that you consider a number of purchase criteria.
To make it easier for you to make your choice, we have selected those that, in our opinion, are the most important.
We have done this with the aim of providing you with a complete shopping guide.
- Use you will give to your iPhone.
- Operating System.
- Screen size.
- Storage capacity.
Use you will give to your iPhone
Without a doubt, this is the first question you have to ask yourself.
The possibilities are many.
You may only want a cell phone to surf the Internet and to connect and communicate through social networks.
In that case, you can opt for the iPhone XS or the iPhone 6S. Or maybe you’re a cell phone-intensive type.
If you want to have a great camera, play the best current game titles or work with your cell phone, in short, if you need a device that offers great features, the best options are the iPhone XS and XS Max.
With the current arrival of IOS 13, the new operating system for Apple’s iPhones, it would be good for you to consider, if you are interested in choosing one to receive the update.
Not all devices are compatible.
Well, only the iPhone SE, 6S and later models will enjoy the improvements of the new version of iOS.
In that sense, some new features that have made users fall in love are, on the one hand, the new dark mode, and on the other hand the possibility of enjoying the new voice of Siri, which is much more natural.
In addition, it includes the redesign of some applications such as Reminders or Maps. And new privacy measures.
Currently, Apple has iPhone models for sale with different screen sizes.
Thus, you can find cell phones with screens of 4″, 4.7″, 5.5″, 5.8″, 6.1″ and 6.5″.
Thus, if you want a cell phone with a large screen, you can choose an iPhone X and its infinite screen.
In fact, the Apple smartphone with the largest screen is the iPhone XS Max.
If you prefer a small screen and thus enjoy a smaller and more manageable device, then your best option is the iPhone 8.
But it’s not the only one.
The iPhone 6, 6S and 7 also have a 4.7″ screen and its price is more economical.
And even the iPhone SE has a smaller 4″ screen.
In this aspect, the first thing you have to ask yourself is if you are going to save many files in your cell phone or not.
If you plan to save photos, videos and documents, or if you are going to install several very heavy applications, such as very graphically demanding games, then you should choose a model that has a good storage capacity.
If so, you should think about an iPhone that has at least 128 GB of internal memory, since 64 GB may not be enough.
It is important that in this aspect you do not fall short.
Don’t forget that Apple cell phones do not have a micro SD card slot.
This way, you will not have the option of expanding your storage capacity in the future.
If photography is your thing and you want to have an iPhone with a good camera, then you should decide for one with a double camera.
In this case, currently the list is reduced to the following models: iPhone 7 Plus, iPhone 8 Plus, iPhone X or iPhone XS.
Above all, the latter is the one with the best photographic capacity.
Specifically, it features a dual camera with 12 megapixel sensor, with optical image stabilization and aperture of f / 1.8 (wide angle) and f / 2.4 (telephoto).
It also allows video to be recorded at 4K resolution at 60 frames per second.
In any case, it is important to note that image quality is not only dependent on the camera.
iPhones do not have as much battery capacity as some Android models available today.
However, their operating system is known for being very efficient in terms of battery consumption.
When considering the battery, you should also consider the option of fast charging and wireless charging.
While Apple can no longer boast of being the world’s leading cell phone manufacturer, the truth is that its iPhones are still highly valued by their buyers.
The reasons are thousands and diverse.
On the one hand, their special appreciation for careful design.
On the other hand, a fluid and magnificently optimized operating system.
To all this we must add a greater respect for privacy and powerful hardware. In addition, there is now a wide variety of models to choose from.
However, if you are thinking of buying an iPhone, the first thing you have to consider is the use you will give it.
Once this is done, you can think about the size of the screen or the storage capacity.
How did you like this shopping guide?
If you liked it, don’t hesitate to share it or leave us your comment or reaction on it.
We’re here to listen to you!
Amazon and the Amazon logo are trademarks of Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates.