Last Updated on
A Virtual Private Network (VPN) extends a private network across a public network, and enables users to send and receive data across shared or public networks as if their computing devices were directly connected to the private network. Applications running on a computing device, e.g. a laptop, desktop, smartphone, across a VPN may therefore benefit from the functionality, security, and management of the private network. Encryption is a common though not an inherent part of a VPN connection
What are the advantages of using a VPN?
There are many advantages, for example, you can be 100% anonymous online, or you can compare prices in another country and so on.
These are some advantages of using a VPN:
- Hide the IP address
- Bypass political and demographic censorship
- Encrypt the connection
- It allows you to download Torrents without judicial problems
- It allows you to visit websites blocked by the government
- It allows you to hide private data from your ISP such as Browser History, Account, Password and everything you do on the Internet without VPN
What are the disadvantages of a VPN?
Unfortunately, VPN services have disadvantages. For example, some services such as Netflix and Google Play Store do not allow the use of a VPN.
These are some disadvantages of using a VPN:
- Some services do not work (eg Google Play Store)
- Your ISP can block your connection
- “Free” VPN services sell your information collected to third parties
- You can be banned from Netflix
What are free VPNs?
We do not recommend anyone to use free VPN services. Free VPN services sell the data collected such as Browsing History, Cookies, Advertising ID and other personal information and then sell them to third parties.
Why "Free" VPNs need our data?
Because the service is completely free. Free VPN services make a lot of money with the data sold.
Free VPN services collect all possible information to sell them to advertising companies.
Then the advertising campaigns bombard you with “personalized ads”
Should I use a VPN?
Absolutely yes, because advertising campaigns can manipulate prices and make you pay more, they can manipulate search results and much more.
Should I buy a paid VPN services?
Sure, a paid VPN service does not collect any information. But don’t worry, this is a list of VPN services with certified Privacy.
NordVPN one of the best VPNs in the world.
- 100% Privacy guaranteed
- Easy to use
- P2P, Torrent, Double VPN and Onion over VPN
- No DNS leak
- Over 20 countries
- 2048-BIT Encryption
What we don’t like:
Rarely when you are connected the Internet connection falls.